Monday 10 June 2013

Sadness, hope and lots of prayers!

Hello everyone
Once again sorry for the lack of posts but unfortunately I received
 terrible news last week.  My father went into hospital for an operation on his heart which all went fine but the next morning while he was having breakfast he suffered a Stroke. They had to heavily sedate him and put a breathing tube in him as he was not breathing for himself.
I rushed up to be by his bedside at the end of last week and it was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen.  Its been really awful I have been trying to look after my mum whilst worrying about my dad.  He seems to be improving every day, they have slowly reduced his sedation and he is starting to open his eyes now and look around and squeeze our hands.  It has been slow going but every day he seems to be responding more and more.  Today my mum asked him to nod if he could see me and he nodded and gripped my hand tightly, you cannot imagine how happy this made me as at one stage he was hardly responding to anything.  Its really made me appreciate the important things in life and not to worry about unimportant things that don't matter.
My uncle also came down from Scotland, he is a real character and he has tried to get us laughing and take our minds off whats happening.  He is very postitive so this has helped my mum buts its so worrying and upsetting for us all.
He seems to be getting stronger daily, we are just hoping and praying he recovers quickly.  They are meant to be taking out the breathing tube tomorrow but they need him to breathe on his own,  which he is doing more so each day.
Luckily he was in the hospital when the stroke happened so this may have saved a lot of time.
I will get back to posting once I feel up to it, maybe in a few days.  I have got lots of posts coming up very soon.
I appreciate your support and I will be back soon.
Take care
Lisa-Jane
xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read this, Lisa. Your Dad is in the best place and it sounds like he's being well taken care of. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear this, sending you, your family and your dad my prayers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad to hear there has been some signs of him responding though.
    Fingers crossed he has a safe recovery, hope you and the family are doing as best as you can at this difficult time.
    At least he has all the care and support he needs and is lucky to have been in the hospital when the stroke happened, they say the response time is the biggest factor in recovery, so thankfully the medical team were on hand.
    I hope your doing as well as can be, you know where I am if you ever need to chat. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, Yeah I think they reacted quickly, My mum went to see him today and he was fully awake and sat in the chair by the bed. he cannot speak but he can say what he wants by pointing to pictures in a book that they gave him but I think he finds it very frustrating as my dad is very sociable so loves chatting to people. Thank you for your kind words x

      Delete

Hello and thankyou for visiting The Diary of a Brunette.

Please leave me a message as I love reading your comments.

Thank you x